Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hungry And Thirsty For God


Psa 143:6  I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land. Selah.

Isa 44:3  For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

I am so hungry and thirsty for God! To be free from sin and the carnal nature forever!

Mat 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. (His promise is that they will be complete and made whole.)
Psa 63:1 A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah. O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
The Bride of Christ with the Fullness of the Spirit?
Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
As I was praying this morning about being completly free from sin the thought came to me, Keep thirsting after righteosness. The part that spoke to my spirit was the greater the thirst the greater the drink or infilling. How thirsty are we? How hungry are we? I remember one time at the convention is VA sitting across the table from Brother Reynolds in the fellowship hall and he said to me, almost with tears in his eyes as if he seemed to be empty which I know he was not, "I am so hungry." The next time I saw him I knew that he had recieved more. Oh! God help us to thirst for you like David when he said, "my soul thirsteth for thee as a dry and thirsty land where no water is." Jesus also gave us a revelation when He said, "My meat is to do the will of the Father." Jesus never hungered or thirsted for the Spirit because In Him dwelt the Fullness of the Godhead bodily. Oh! That we would come to this place where we live in the FULLNESS! The more we empty out of self the more room for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments. Please no hate or bad language in your comments.