Saturday, June 18, 2011

Aiming To Please The Father


1Pe 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
Unfeigned love -
an-oo-pok'-ree-tos
undissembled, that is, sincere: - without dissimulation (without hypocrisy), unfeigned.
Feigned love - To disguise one's intentions.
Pure heart - Pure motive. That which motivates a person is pure. What moves a person to do or say something. The reason why they do or say something.
Fervently - This is were we aim. Our purpose. What a person is aiming at.
Who do we aim to please?
If we seek to please men we are going to always miss the mark. We must be like Jesus and do always those things that please the Father.
John 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Paul is saying that if we seek to please men we are not a servant of Christ.Gal 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments. Please no hate or bad language in your comments.