Friday, March 19, 2010

A Little Further

One day Jesus said to Peter, James and John I am going up into the mountain to meet with My Father. (To pray) Would you like to join me? Jesus did not take everyone with Him only a select few, three to be exact.  How many will He take with Him this time? Will you be one of them? Jesus takes those of His own choosing. Will He choose you? He knows those who desire to know Him more fully. Jesus was being led of the Spirit when He went up into the mountain. He offered to a few of His closest disciples to go with Him. I wonder if they were envied for this? I wonder if the other disciples persecuted them because of this. Remember Jesus left the others behind. Let them envy and let them persecute. I am going to still follow Him! Where are we going next Jesus? Just think of the experience they had when they got up into the mountain. Oh my! They see Jesus in His glory with Moses (type of the Law) Elijah (prophet) they heard the Father of Glory speak and say “ This is My beloved Son in whom I am well pleased, He ye Him.” They fell on their faces to the ground and were afraid, but once Jesus comforted them, they got their eyes open they did not see Moses or Elijah they only saw only Jesus. Moses and Elijah were talking with Jesus about his decease and what He should accomplish at Jerusalem. Moses was the Lawgiver and Elijah the Prophet of God their job was finished but Jesus had yet to accomplish the Fathers will. The Father said, “This is my beloved Son, Hear ye Him!” Jesus did not come to destroy the Law or the prophets; in fact He came to fulfill what they had said. The Jews knew of Moses and Elijah but who is this Jesus? The Father from heaven says This is Him! My Son! The One that that Moses and Elijah prophesied of that would come. The Lord did not take everyone with Him up into the mountain when He revealed Himself He only took a few out of His chosen Twelve. Not everyone is hearing His voice through His Spirit in this hour. I used to struggle with leaving others behind but I realize that I cannot let anything or anyone keep me from going on to know Him. I must press on! I realize that Jesus will only take me as far as I am willing to go. The question is how far am I willing to go? I have made up my mind to go with Him all the way. Nothing will satisfy the hunger and thirst in my soul but to see Him and know Him for myself. I must know Him! My heart longs to be with Him were He is. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments. Please no hate or bad language in your comments.